For those of you who chat to me on IRC (chat.freenode.net / #slforum), the majority would know about the extra packages I end up building for EL6. I figured as not everyone gets on IRC, I’d publish them here as well:
1) Repository for LibreOffice 4 – Download the .repo file into /etc/yum.repos.d/ then install using something like yum install LibreOffice*.
2) Misc packages – This currently contains:
- dovecot – newer version, managesieve + pigeonhole for server side mail filtering
- e2fsprogs – v1.42.7 as of today. Includes the e4defrag program to defragment ext4 filesystems
- powertop – used to measure power usage on laptops as well as give hints on decreasing power usage. Much newer version that stock.
Both get updated quite frequently.