Jun 01

OpenWRT builds move to LEDE

Recently I’ve moved the builds for the WD MyNet systems to LEDE.

I’ve also started building for more than just the MyNet N750 – and now *all* ar71xx systems will get a nightly build.

The build directories now follow the date of the build, not the revision number. The new builds are available at: http://openwrt.crc.id.au/

11 comments

Skip to comment form

• Steve A on June 4, 2016 at 4:54 am

I haven’t followed the LEDE split too closely, has any major shift occured between the two yet? Is there any major steps in moving from OpenWRT to LEDE other than just flashing LEDE?

Thanks!

1. No major changes that I’ve found…. Just flash & go.

• Gerald L on August 22, 2016 at 5:37 am

Did your WiFi patches for these ever make it into the regular OpenWRT builds? I want to stick with OpenWRT for now rather than LEDE but that won’t work if WiFi is going to stop working. LOL!

1. Yes – however from what I can tell, development on OpenWRT is pretty much dead.

• Gerald L on August 23, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Hmmm, my main problems with LEDE right at this moment is that I can’t seen to install any of the packages that were in OpenWRT (like a text editor, I prefer to use joe) and for some reason port forwarding is not working. I have limited time to poke at the home router. I can use LUCI through a remote login but can’t ssh to the router from outside.

That stuff “just worked” with the old OpenWRT build I had. I think it was the Barrier Breaker release with your patches.

this is all on an N600

• smt96 on August 22, 2017 at 2:02 am

Hi,

Is it possible for you to add this patch to your mynet 750 builds?

It looks like Qualcomm Fast Path functionality is now available for Atheros routers.

Thank you!

1. Added to the ‘EXTRA_PATCHES’ directory – this should apply in the next nightly build. Lets see what it churns out.

• smt96 on August 22, 2017 at 7:50 am

Thank you very much!

Looking forward towards it, expecting a 200% performance bump.

• smt96 on August 23, 2017 at 11:34 am

not sure what I am doing wrong but I don’t see any change in the new firmware..

1. It seems like the ar71xx tree is set to build with kernel 4.4 by upstream LEDE – yet the patches supplied are targeted at kernel 4.9. As such, they probably won’t apply cleanly.

I don’t have an ar71xx device handy to check – but you’ll probably see it is on kernel 4.4

I’m not sure what needs to be done to rebase this on kernel 4.9 – as I would assume various patches would need to be ported across to the 4.9 tree as well.

Might be better to chase this from the LEDE end…

• Smt96 on August 23, 2017 at 12:43 pm

I guess I will just wait for LEDE to get updated. Thanks for considering my request!