I’ve been sent numerous test results of people trying the new firmware (as reported earlier) on their UJ-835 or similar model drives. Here is a quick summary of media vs detected speeds.
- Verbatim 16X DVD+R = 2x detected
- Ritek 8x DVD-R = 8x detected (previously 2x)
- Imation 8x DVD-R = 8x detected (previously 2x)
- Sony 1x-8x DVD+R = 2x detected
- Princo 4x DVD-R = 2x detected
While it looks like some media compatability has improved, there is still a lot of room for improvement.
If you can add your media tests to the comments, that would help.