- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- Sieve flour into a bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the flour and add the eggs.
- Add water and milk.
- Beat with a electric beater until smooth.
- Leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Place a teaspoon of oil into each of 12 muffins pans, place in a preheated oven at 220C and let heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour the batter into the pans.
Cook for about 30 minutes or until the puddings have risen and browned slightly.
Recipe notes You may have to add a little extra milk and water if the batter is too thick. It should be like a pikelet batter. The batter can be strained to get rid of any unwanted lumps.