- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- Sieve flour into a bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the flour and add the eggs.
- Add water and milk.
- Beat with a electric beater until smooth.
- Leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Place a teaspoon of oil into each of 12 muffins pans, place in a preheated oven at 220C and let heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour the batter into the pans.
Cook for about 30 minutes or until the puddings have risen and browned slightly.
You may have to add a little extra milk and water if the batter is too thick. It should be like a pikelet batter. The batter can be strained to get rid of any unwanted lumps.