Last Updated: 13-Oct-2009
Update: I have changed the way I am developing ROMs. To make this ROM usable by as many people as possible, I have split my work into two chains. There is now a Development chain, and a stable chain.
As always, if you like my work on this web site, please consider donating via the PayPal link on the right hand side of this site.
New to flashing?
Check out the fantastic Beginners Guide to Flashing, and the Upgrading FAQ. There is also an excellent list of common problems and solutions. You can also flash your device using the SD card – something which I find easier. Of course, make sure you have HardSPL installed before doing anything with your phone! There is a full guide on this written by MrVanX
Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
- Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
- Fixed random silences of notifications etc.
Release 13.4 (15 Jun 2009):
- Fully integrated DeviceUpdate and DU’s AutoInstall feature into the ROM.
- Removed package ‘protection’ to allow other chefs to pull apart my ROMs for their own purposes.
- Removed ClearVue PDF Viewer from normal build due to problems with some PDFs. Install Adobe PDF reader via DeviceUpdate if you need a PDF reader.
Release 13.3 (10 Jan 2009):
- Fixed issues with SetAudioParam not working properly
- Fixed Comm Manager hotkey not being set on normal version
- Fixed Black Keyboard from appearing in DeviceUpdate on normal version.
Release 13.2 (31 Dec 2008):
- Fixed blocking issue with timezones updated in March 2008 DST update.
Release 13.1-pre7 (14 Dec 2008):
- Cooked in KB950885 (March 2008 DST Updates)
- Added Virgin Mobile (AU) settings to HTC Connection Setup.
Release 13.1-pre6 (18 Nov 2008):
- Released for public testing.
- Cooked in fix for KB958639
- Cooked in fix for 2008 Daylight Savings time changes.
- Backported new icons from Dev build 14.1
Release 13.0 (02 Sep 2008):
- NEW: Naked build now available.
- NEW: Naked Big Storage build now available.
- NEW: Device Update – keeps your device up to date with apps and things.
- Removed all but default theme. Install more via Device Update
- Fixed blgloss theme issues (thanks to augrunt)
- Few minor graphical tweaks
- Tweaked file cache, glyph cache etc for hopefully a bit more performance.
- Fixed issue with non-advanced mode in ActiveSync
- Cooked in .Net Framework 3.5 into all builds
- Fixed start menu problems (thanks abusalza)
- Fixed multi-selection of messages in tmail.exe (Email Application)
- Fixed the disappearing act with the taskbar and HTC X Button
- Removed SQM
- Added IrDA stack
- Found errror in coredll.dll that stopped Windows Live Search from working correctly.
- Re-ported XIP from Kaiser to correct corruption in coredll.dll and possibly others
- Windows Live Search tested ok.
- Removed useless Zip Viewer from Office CAB
- Defaulted OBEX transfers to ON (previously this was OFF)
- Removed Bluetooth FTP Client (Who really uses this? )
- Repack Office 2007 to hopefully fix some issues.
- Reduce X-Button auto-close threshold to 2Mb free RAM (Thanks hardcore)
- Ported Windows Mobile 6.1 build 20270
- Ported XIP build 20270 from Kaiser
Note: This is NOT an official Dopod/HTC ROM and will therefore not be supported by HTC or Dopod. You should keep a copy of the latest official Dopod ROM incase you need to revert for warranty or troubleshooting purposes. If you have never upgraded a firmware on your Dopod, read up on it first – if you break your phone using this ROM, you get to keep all the pieces. All feedback however is appreciated!